Kathy is an inspiration not only to those she serves but also to those who’ve had the privilege of serving beside her. Her leadership, diplomacy and willingness to give so much of her time to others, truly represents the spirit of volunteerism and giving.
Widely known for her efforts with the Jimmy Pratt Memorial Outreach Centre and feeding the hungry through the George Street Soup kitchen, Kathy LeGrow has been an advocate for education reform, healthcare and youth in need. She has been a leader in addressing the challenges faced by the most vulnerable in our community.
Over the years, many advisory boards and coalitions have sought Kathy’s wisdom, skills, and guidance to support their mission and drive change.
Some of her volunteer efforts include:
- Chair, Downtown Outreach Coalition, Member of the Board of Governors, Junior Achievement of Newfoundland & Labrador,
- Vice-Chair, Health Care Corporation of St. John’s,
- Member, Board of Directors, St. John’s School Lunch Program,
- Member, Board of Directors, Choices for Youth,
- Chairperson, Salvation Army’s Advisory Council on Social Justice,
- Kathy was also a champion for the Coalition for Educational Opportunities for At Risk Youth,
- She has served in many capacities with the Avalon East School Board.